Thursday, June 30, 2005

If you don't need shots, it's not an adventure

Well, got my jabs today - two in each arm for the flu, typhoid, Hep A and a few standards. The nurse giving me the shots freaked at what I might be in for when I get over to Iran. She was more concerned about my physical safety than any threat of illness that she might overlook.

The arms are a bit stiff and heavy at the moment and the body is a bit achier than I'm accustomed to. I'm not sure if that is because of the shots or the hard work out I happened to have yesterday. The nurse also gave me the rundown and the culinary do's and don't's of such an exotic destination. The foods to avoid and what was safe all broken down carefully for me to consider and a battery of warnings about water as well. She also advised me to stock up on a wide variety of medicines for colds and stomach problems. I'm not one to fill my medicine cabinet and it seems a bit odd to go through all of that extra preparation for the possibilities that might occur at the table.